I am pleased to announce the route and ride details of our inaugural club Nocturne – an 85 mile overnight ride down to the coast for sunrise, cafe fry up and then transport back. The ride is open to all club members who feel confident riding 85 miles at around 13-16 mph. The pace will not be fast and we will ride as a group with a focus on safety, banter and enjoyment! Good lights are essential.
Ever Ridden a Nocturne?
If you have not ridden a Nocturne before you are in for a real treat. The route takes in generally quiet lanes and at 4am in the morning it will feel like we own the road! There is a detour around the beautiful Isle of Purbeck at the end where we will turn east towards the sunrise and then across the Sandbanks Ferry, ready for a well-earned breakfast on the seafront in Bournemouth. Dave Duxberry and Dan Taylor have kindly offered to provide back up on the route and help with transport back. The cost of the transport will be around £5-10 (TBC once final rider numbers are known).
Limited Rider Numbers
Rider numbers are capped at around 18 due to the upper limit on transport, although if there is significantly more interest we will look to expand the transport options (currently one minibus and one other vehicle for transport of bikes). To express an interest in the ride please contact Mark Surowiec via our members only Facebook page or via the club email address or contact page. First preference will be given to the riders who have already expressed an interest following previous posts.
Schedule Fri 3rd- Sat 4th June 2016
• By 10pm meet in the Lamb in Devizes
• By 11pm depart
• 4-5am approx. Poole 24 hour Tesco
• 7am approx. Sandbanks Ferry
• 8am approx. Bournemouth for Breakfast – café TBC
• 10am approx. Depart for Devizes
• 12pm approx. meet back at DLC
• Good lights and spare batteries – lights to see by (not just to be seen).
• Spare tubes and patches
• Food and drink to last until Poole
• Cash for food/drink, Sandbanks Ferry (£1), breakfast, contribution for transport home (amount TBC)
• Mobile phone
• Route on GPS device or printed off (see below)
• Refer to club rules about group riding (here & here)
• Look after each other – slowest riders at the front. Sweeper at the back. Call out any mechanicals or issues when they happen.
• it is your responsibility to know the route in case of an unintentional split.
Max elevation: 646 ft
Min elevation: 3 ft
Total climbing: 5495 ft
Total descent: -5909 ft
Cue Sheet Here